Monday, June 30, 2008

Let's get this started.

Many titles and words can be used to describe me. Among them - daughter, sister, auntie, friend, Jesus-lover, blonde, enthusiast of all things random, and now ... blogger.

I guess I started this blog because I enjoy reading other blogs and I think it's never a bad idea to journal your thoughts. Of course, 'sharing your thoughts' depends on a couple of key things: D0 I have any thoughts? Are my thoughts even interesting enough to be shared?

The answer to the first question is 'yes' (when I'm not having a blonde moment). And to the second question, I suppose the answer is likely 'no' but I hope you'll keep reading anyway :)

About me.

In a nutshell, I'm pretty young but have lived a full life so far. I can say for the most part that I've enjoyed the journey but in the past year or so, I can honestly say I've finally let go and allowed myself to embrace life, laugh at it and through it. It's working and I love it.

You'll probably soon find that my thoughts don't often fit 'in a nutshell.' My friends and family remind me often that I talk too much, although I am fully aware of that on my own. Perhaps this blog will help that cause ... If I can write my thoughts, maybe it will shut me up a bit.

I'm indecisive.

This is most apparent in Hallmark when I'm trying to choose the perfect card (Random side-note: My sister and I have 'card competitions' and despite my intense focus on choosing a card, she always wins.) but I think it really started in college. In the fall of 2001, I moved into Wilson Hall on the campus of Michigan State University. I was certain at the time that I wanted to earn a degree in merchandising management, be roommates with my best friend Darby and forever decorate my surroundings in bright pink and purple. Of those certainties, only one remained true (Hi Darb).



One semester in, I changed my mind and decided interior design was a better fit for me. Well one look at our rainbow sherbert-colored dorm room and you could have told me I was suffering from a blonde moment. I did study interior design for 3 years (and enjoyed it - still do) before changing my mind again. After 4 years of college, my decisive friends had all moved on, but I joined the ranks of the super-seniors. Finally, I graduated with a degree in communication and PR. (And my parents rejoiced).


(BTW, those aren't my parents. It's the only picture I have of graduation but I'm sure a picture of my parents will make an appearance soon enough)

I got my diploma on May 5, 2006, and started my dream job at a large PR agency - Edelman - in my dream city, Chicago, on May 15. (Random side-note: I slept in a closet for my first 3 months there - with no AC in the summer. Ah, the memories. Huh, Tiff?)



After a couple of weeks there, I was certain that the city was made for me. (Starting to see a trend?) Well, a year later, I decided that I loved the city, but it didn't love me. I left with no money left in my pocket and headed back to Michigan to take another job ... Thank you to Kristi :)



Okay, I'm not even one blog-post in and I'm already getting very lengthy. Oh boy. I think you get the picture though. When I gave up my life to God, He took me on a whirlwind journey. There's been a few tears and confusion along the way, but it's through these changes that He's taught me to laugh at myself and to laugh through each moment. I'm having a blast doing just that.

Taking the Midwest by storm.

By the time fall rolls around, I'll have lived in nearly every metropolitan area in the Midwest come September. Without so many words, I can tell you that through all of this, I have changed my mind one more time and with that change, I can add another title to my list - 'future nurse.'

It's never what I imagined but it's where I am, it's who I am. And I'm a-okay with that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin