Tuesday, September 2, 2008

All for good reason

Yes, it's true. I have not posted a new entry in almost a month and I fully realize I probably lost some of my dedicated readers, which means I'm probably back to an audience of just my sister and bro-in-law. Hopefully the break from posting will never be that long again, but I do have good reason.

I've moved.

Not only have I moved, but I have also *officially* settled into my life as a post-degree-undergraduate-working-on-a-second-degree student. Needless to say, it's been a bit hectic especially considering I'm dealing with change and a demand for organization as ... a blonde.

Getting on with it ...

I had always wanted to live in Chicago, always. When that dream came true, I always said that if I ever moved back to Michigan, I would move to the west side of the state. Well I did move back to Michigan and low and behold made my home on the - er - east side. Good planning by me.

Many amazing experiences greeted me in good 'ol Detroit, despite the fact that it wasn't where I 'planned' to be - most of which centered on the great friends that greeted me there. My plans had changed and I pictured myself settled in that home for the long run.

I once heard someone say that if you wanted to make God laugh, tell him the plans you have for your own life. God thinks I'm hilarious.

- I never wanted to go back to school. I'm four semesters into my second degree.
- Michigan State was the only school for me. Although, I did get my first degree from MSU, I start my second week at Grand Valley tomorrow. (Although I'll always bleed green and white)
- I never wanted to be a nurse. I can't wait to be a nurse.
- I thought I'd stay in Chicago a long time, then Detroit. I just moved to Grand Rapids.

These frequent changes of plans make me incredibly thankful that I follow a God who draws out a better course, writes a more exciting story and sees a more promising future.

Back by the beach.

I didn't grow up by the water, so I hadn't known what it was like to live by the water until I moved to Chicago. I fell in love. For the four days out of the year that it was summer, I could find nothing better than spending time by the water. When I moved to east-side-Michigan, I soon realized that I had been spoiled. So you can imagine my excitement when my new west-side Michigan home welcomed me with the most beautiful beaches. Yeah, that's right - beaches.


Eric and Sarah on our final beach day

I'm loving it here and although today was likely the last day I was able to spend at the beach before the dreaded winter hits, I intend to fully embrace the other incredible things my new home has to offer. And in the meantime, I'll eagerly await for summer to return.


New roomie Sarah and I having an ice cream party. Must have options, right?

Stay tuned for more fun to come your way live from the west side! I can't wait for the ride ... especially since I've learned that the scenery of life is so much more exciting when He's navigating the course from the driver's seat. :)

By the way ... since my last post, I witnessed two more love story weddings: my lifelong friend, Jamie 'B.' and high school/MSU friend, Kelly. Enjoy the pictures and congrats to the two new happy couples!


With Jamie, the beautiful bride.


The new couple - Jamie and Brandon


Kelly and Amar's Hindu ceremony (More pictures from the Christian ceremony coming soon ... it was beautiful!!)


-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin