Tomorrow, it all begins – the official kick-off of the Christmas season.
We will be spending Thanksgiving in Wisconsin with my sister, bro-in-law and nephew. My bags are packed as well as a whole bag of goodies for Trace and his new yet-to-be-born baby brother.
I need to regain ‘favorite auntie’ status. Yes, I am Trace’s only auntie, but I still view my role as prime spoiler – next to grandparents, of course.
It’s perfect timing that I visit Trace and go bearing gifts. A couple of days ago I was talking to my sister and heard Trace in the background. Sometimes he does talk to me on the phone and sometimes he wants nothing to do with it and hangs up on me. So when he sounded like he was in a very good mood, I asked Brooke if I could talk to him.
Being the great sister and mom that she is, she gathered up her best voice of excitement and said, “Trace, do you want to talk to auntie?!” (Read: VERY excited voice, trying to make this sound like it’s the most thrilling thing that he could ever do.)
Then came his response. As clear as day and almost immediately, he says, “I don’t.”
Apparently it’s his new favorite line and we all agree it’s better and more endearing than ‘NO.’ I’m confident that by raiding Target for Cars and Lightning McQueen paraphernalia, I will be back in the game. ;)
In other news, in the light of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:
- Jesus. Grace, love, mercy and all that goes with it.
- Family … each and every one of them. You know who you are :)
- Friends. You also know who you are.
- Life.
- Warm socks and hoodies.
- Hot chocolate with marshmallows.
- Laughter.
- Christmas music.
- Health.
- The promise of summer. ;)
... and many more.
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy family. Enjoy turkey. Enjoy it all.
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving, Jamie!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend .
I'm sure Trace will come around ;) "I don't." That is pretty amusing and endearing...
Post a Comment