This year was no exception. The weather was perfect everyday and two days out of the three-day holiday, I was able to work on my Washer Toss skills. Much to everyone's surprise, I improved. Watch out people. I may be getting good. I was thrilled with my 3 point average per game (the winner is first team to 21, by the way), and I believe that I even heard comments from the crowd such as 'I'm impressed, Jame.' We'll see. It may have just been a fluke but I have a couple more months to work on it.

A competition I may actually have a chance of winning.
I have entered a weight-loss competition. Think 'Biggest Loser' format + more banter. Kristi's invite to enter this said competition couldn't have come at a more perfect time. For the first half of summer, I had class from 8-3 (where I sat), came home and worked for a few hours (during which I had to sit), and then I had to hit the books most nights following that (again, sitting). Get the picture? It's really not good for the physique.
So the 4th of July was also the time at which I had to say sayonara to relaxation and good food. It was enjoyable and although I miss stuff like cake, ice cream, hamburgers and chips, I am - as 'they' say - in it to win it. The competition is stiff but I'm not scared :)
'Mee-cah' and the 'red guy'
The highlight of the weekend had to have been Trace's 2nd birthday party. As you already know well by now, anything my nephew does entertains me.
It's not a party in our family without a theme, and this party's theme made an appearance throughout the day - the furry red guy, Elmo. I'm not sure what 2-year olds see in the beloved Sesame Street character, but it's crazy. In fact, whenever I talk to Trace on the phone, I can almost count on the fact that he will ask, 'Song?' At which point I do my best rendition of the Elmo Song. He seems to like it and it's auntie's claim to fame when it comes to Trace.
During the party, it was confirmed that Trace definitely has a 'favorite' in the family. And that would be my cousin Micah. The calls for 'Mee-cah' during the weekend were constant - and hilarious. I've come to realize that Trace is a boy all the way through, and already wants to be like the 'big guys.' But secretly I'm still working on my strategy for winning him back ...

Here are some more pictures from the festivities:
The family with Brooke's homemade and hand-decorated Elmo cake

More of Trace's favorites (aka grandparents, minus Grammie) - Papa, Nana and 'Deep'

Trace's new golf game (from yours truly, Auntie)

One of my favorites ... 'Gammy' taking a picture of Great Grampie and Trace
2 comments:
Jamie, congrats again on the big improvement on the "washer toss" game! And, wow, that's great that you were getting all the positive feedback from the crowds :)
-kelly
nice work on this post shpeem.....although you should have talked more about how you and sarah almost beat me and stan....that was by far the best game you ever played...feel free to brag about more....I mean it is your blog!
Post a Comment