Monday, November 10, 2008

A tribute of sorts.

Tomorrow, I am saying so long to my long hair and replacing it with ... hmm. Something. I'm not sure what yet. I like to make decisions at the last second.

I wanted long hair. I tried it. I liked it. Until I realized that it immediately gets put into a ponytail, which is no fun and nothing special. So, without further ado, this very brief post is to pay tribute to and say goodbye to my beloved 'low-in-the-back' ponytail look that has for so long defined my 'look.' (And I'm not going to lie ... I'm also using this as an excuse to get out of studying for just a few minutes. Which is fiiine ...)



I am not promising this look won't ever return (I plan on stressing to the hairstylist that it must not be shorter than ponytail length). What I am promising is less cameos of this look in my future.

Bye-bye hair.

Edited to add: What I will not be doing? Posting a self-portrait on here of my new look. I just won't do it and I don't think too many people likely really care to see it anyway.

But I think I have decided to go with the longer bob haircut. It's not as edgy as I was thinking, but I am trying a new salon so I'm going to play it a bit safe. I was also debating on going brunette. I think I am kicking that idea to the curb for the moment, since I think that would be change only for change sake ...

... And anyway, if I did that, this blog would not be relevant. :)

Edited to add ... again: True testament that I wore my hair in a ponytail too much: I walked into class yesterday and instead of comments like, 'You got your hair cut!' or 'It's short!' - I got, 'I've never seen you with your hair down before!' Yep. Didn't even know my hair was long. Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

To be fair, though, unless some of those pics are flipped, you part on different sides sometimes. And that's more than I can say for my boring 'do. Goodbye Jamie's pony - until we meet again!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin