There. My excuses for not writing in a week+ are out of the way. (Thank you for the friendly reminder, Micah, that it's been 12 days. I needed the heads up that it was "unacceptable" and I really appreciate you being right on top of that.)
Before getting into the goods of what's been going on, let me first say that come spring, watch out. Handsome-ness galore will be entering into this world. My sister (due in March) will be welcoming her (and her hubby's) second son. And as if that wasn't enough cuteness, I just found out that friend Kristi and her hubby Joe will welcome their first son in April! Having completed my class in genetics, there's one thing I can guarantee about these two bundles of joy - STUDS.
In other news, it's CHRISTMAS (well, week of)! I love love love this time of year for so many reasons and I have been gearing up for this week for a while now - although I did just finish my Christmas shopping.
Why I love Christmas.
My grandparents/uncle just happen to own a Christmas tree farm. Yep, that's right. Artificial trees are simply frowned upon in this family - and that's putting it lightly.
In fact, just today my grandpa asked me where our family Christmas picture was taken. Well, a mall of course (how strange is that, by the way?). To which he responded, "Your background was an artificial Christmas tree! We should have ripped it up right away."
See. It's no joking matter. Thankfully, he does love us and they kept the picture ... as far as I know.
My Christmas confession? I've never actually done any of the above. I only know said things occur by observation. I work behind the scenes, along with many family members who look forward to the tradition each year. It may likely be my favorite part about Christmas.
After closing up the Christmas tree shop, we begin the marathon of family Christmas parties. I swear every day the week of Christmas is another family party ... and I LOVE it. All of our family Christmas parties are basically just a slightly different combination of the same people. Yet, at every one, we greet each other as if we haven't seen each other in months. Kind of funny if you really think about it, but it's a blessing that I am so thankful for.
In the current environment of uncertainty and negative outlooks, may we all be grateful for the blessings that surround us at each and every moment. Smile. Laugh. Sing. Dance. Even when there seems to be no reason.
Because there's always a reason.
Jesus.
Merry Christmas!! Woohoo!

My grandparents/uncle just happen to own a Christmas tree farm. Yep, that's right. Artificial trees are simply frowned upon in this family - and that's putting it lightly.
In fact, just today my grandpa asked me where our family Christmas picture was taken. Well, a mall of course (how strange is that, by the way?). To which he responded, "Your background was an artificial Christmas tree! We should have ripped it up right away."
See. It's no joking matter. Thankfully, he does love us and they kept the picture ... as far as I know.
It just isn't Christmas without the trip to (cue shameless plug) Kluck Nursery to trudge through the snow, find the perfect tree, get a major workout by cutting it down, sit by the campfire, take a hayride, sip hot chocolate with marshmallows and of course pick up a free popcorn ball on the way out.
Scenes from the Christmas tree farmMy Christmas confession? I've never actually done any of the above. I only know said things occur by observation. I work behind the scenes, along with many family members who look forward to the tradition each year. It may likely be my favorite part about Christmas.
After closing up the Christmas tree shop, we begin the marathon of family Christmas parties. I swear every day the week of Christmas is another family party ... and I LOVE it. All of our family Christmas parties are basically just a slightly different combination of the same people. Yet, at every one, we greet each other as if we haven't seen each other in months. Kind of funny if you really think about it, but it's a blessing that I am so thankful for.
In the current environment of uncertainty and negative outlooks, may we all be grateful for the blessings that surround us at each and every moment. Smile. Laugh. Sing. Dance. Even when there seems to be no reason.
Because there's always a reason.
Jesus.
Merry Christmas!! Woohoo!
My 'section' of the tree :)
3 comments:
Merry Christmas, Jame! Love this entry, and enjoyed the pics of the tree farm:) Thanks for posting! Can't WAIT to see you in real life in 2 days!!!!! Miss you lots!
thanks shpeem...
nice work on the entry(s) too...
I love how totally consistent the Bronner's font is. I wonder if they have it trademarked?
Post a Comment