Most of the best quotes seem to have come from this man. His name is Anonymous.
I try not to be a procrastinator but have you ever felt that the things that you try hardest not to do are exactly the things you end up doing? Yeah, me too.
Even before I moved here and started school, one of the things on my agenda was to get a pass to the group exercise classes at the campus rec center. While working at Michigan State's rec center during College Part 1 (aka the best job ever), where I got paid to
What I like best about these classes is that since they are scheduled, they somehow provide that extra incentive to work out. And on a college campus, these classes are even better - because they're cheap. So I really didn't want to pass up my second chance to take advantage of these work outs to serve as an alternative to the typical boring gym routine.
Way to go, me. Procrastination got the best of me and while I have for the most part been successful at getting to the gym, I just bought my group exercise pass last week, only to discover that next week is the last week of scheduled classes for the semester. Lesson learned. That's what I get.
So as you can imagine, I've been trying to get to as many classes as possible to make my pass worth it. Thanks to this effort, I have found two new obsessions:
Zumba and Hip Hop (not a new discovery, but it is new as a workout option)
Seriously. I've heard that Zumba is awesome, but it is beyond that ... it seriously rocked my socks off. So fun. Such a good workout. And if we're still talking sexy from my post a couple of days ago - it's that too. I. Love. It.
As for the hip hop class, I was expecting a very repetitive, leaning more on the side of aerobics than dance type of workout. Wrong! I walked in only to see the girls who were obviously 'regulars' totally bustin' a move - we're talking pretty serious hip hop.
I'll admit I was a bit intimidated and said a quick prayer that the instructor would go through the dance steps from the beginning so procrastinators like me could do some catching up. She did. And all was good.
I wish all workouts were this fun!
In closing, we learned a couple of lessons from this post:
- Zumba and Hip Hop are musts!
- Procrastination is stupid. Unfortunately, I still probably haven't learned my lesson.
(GO MICHIGAN STATE! Get to the Elite 8!) <-- that rhymes :)
3 comments:
I used to go to Zumba every week until I got ridiculously addicted to spinning. I am taking my mom and my aunt to Zumba on Sunday morning, though. I can't wait. It's so much fun.
I am the biggest procrastinator...I will never learn my lesson. Ever. Sad, but it's the truth. I always say "Ok, I'm NOT going to procrastinate with this" and I always end up doing just that.
Thanks for the straightener tip. I got a hot tools one and I think I made a mistake :( I'm gonna check at that one you said at Sally Beauty!
Cute blog! These classes sound really fun. If I could ever make myself work out, which I don't. But I DO procrastinate, so we have that in common!
Post a Comment