Monday, May 4, 2009

Tell me ...

... is this a problem?

(Text message conversation that I had with my friend Darby today)

Me: tell me: is it a problem that i just saw a mcdonald's cheeseburger smashed in the walmart parking lot and my mouth started watering? i'll say yes ...

Darby: tell me it's a problem that i just went to pay verizon and talked myself into getting qdoba because it was 'just next door'

Me: we have issues. i don't know why we try to keep confirming that ...it's been a fact for a while now

Darby: yup


Edited to add: Approximately six hours after the above conversation ended, I received yet another follow-up text message from my friend who will remain nameless to spare any unnecessary embarrassment over disclosure of food she consumed today (Note: this person may or may not be Darby, but it probably is.)


Nameless friend: so my excuse is that i am on oral steroids and they make me hungry...i am at the tigers game. have eaten a dog, fries and nachos. what the crap.

Me: i love that on every level.
Me: oh and btw my excuse is that i had my first day of classes and already have exams on saturday and monday. i'm eating ben & jerrys.

Nameless friend: what kind is it (very important detail jam)

Me: cinnamon buns. only the best.

Nameless friend: oh yeah

The end.

2 comments:

♥ H ♥ said...

AHAH..that sounds like me and my best friend kristina's convo..."is it bad I just had wings and now I want ice cream?"

Nessa said...

I just tried to think of a good excuse for eating so much..andi cant..i just love food!...and the gym.hah! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin