Warning: What you are about to read is very blonde and girly of me. I can't say that I'm proud.
So I'm driving today. Sunroof open (note: this is one perk to having to drive the Baja). Talking on the phone.
Bzzz. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something fly into my car.
Me: "Crap. Amy, I think a bee may have just flown in my car."
NOW ... if you know me, you probably don't even have to continue reading this post. You know what happens next.
I am terrified of bees. I know, I know. They're harmless and I'm a baby. My mom reminds me of this often and thinks I'm ridiculous. She's right. But I can't help it. Bees freak. me. out. If you're ever in my presence when I encounter one, I can promise that my reaction will embarrass you. It embarrasses me too. I apologize in advance.
At this point, I tried to get back to our conversation while focusing on the road since I hadn't actually had a visual of said 'insect' and wasn't sure if it was in fact a bee. Until I looked over to the passenger seat and there it was. Chilling on the seatbelt. Duuude. You are not invited! Get out of my car!
Me: "OMG, Amy - it is a bee. Help! I can't concentrate."
Amy: "Open your windows!"
Me: "I did and it won't flipping fly out! I need to pull over. I'm going to hurt someone."
Amy: "Do you want to call me back?"
Me: "I think that's a good idea."
Somehow, in the midst of my sissy girl panic session, I managed to pull into the Meijer parking lot just as I heard another buzzzz right by my ear. Sweet. It's in my hair. This is about the time that I just froze. Very slowly, I vacated my car, tried to play cool and investigated every inch of my car to see if I could find the intruder.
I couldn't. This means it either flew out or it's going to make a surprise appearance sometime in the near future. For my safety and the safety of others on the road, pray for the former.
I'll say it again - I'm not proud of this behavior. But I fear I'll never outgrow it.
__________________
In other news, today was THE DAY - the last day of life as I know it. School starts tomorrow. In less than one year, I will be a nurse. Scary. I know.
I will do my very best to keep this blog up to date. I'm sure my experiences will provide plenty of material ... I just hope I'll have time to write it down.
Let the countdown begin ... :)
4 comments:
haha. I think i just about peed myself. I have soooo done the bee thing one too many times!
BTW... congrats with school. You're just about finished. YAY!
LOL!!!!! Way too funny for me to be reading this this early in the morning!!!
Bees are NOT harmless! I got stung yesterday! I would say your behavior was normal :)
Your fear of bees is like mine with roaches. I will embarrass myself and others around me with my reaction if I see one. I can't even watch the commercials for Raid. Seriously, it's that bad. I start to hyperventilate!
Post a Comment