Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dear Beach/Sun/Fun:

I love you. Unconditionally.

Unfortunately, this causes a problem.

You see, I am a student. Typically, I'm successful at being said student. But you. You have jeopardized that 'successful' part.

Why?

Well, because of you, I have been making horrible decisions. Because of you, my priorities are completely out of order.

Did you really have to display all of your beauty on a day like Thursday, when I had to stay inside to study for a Friday exam? Because of you, I put off studying because the beach clearly seemed like a better idea. True. I made myself feel better about my decision by taking my notes with me to the beach but they never made it out of the bag.

No. All they did was collect sand. Did I really think I would get them out to study at the beach? Absolutely not. But it made me feel just a little better.

And on Friday, while sitting in lecture, that very sand that collected in the ungodly huge binder that holds the ridiculous amount of notes took my mind right back to you and all concentration was lost.

Then came today, when I thanked God for a weather forecast that said you would not show your face. Then why ... WHY did I wake up to perfectly clear blue skies?

You are the reason once again that I made the brilliant choice to put off my ever growing pile of homework to go sit outside to watch a baseball game today with Carrie.

You are the reason why I now have had to resort to shutting my blinds and locking myself inside in a lame attempt to regain motivation to get something done. I canNOT allow you to tempt me anymore.

But always remember ... I adore you. And I'll be back soon.

Sincerely,

Tooeasilytemptedloverofsun, aka Bad Student

5 comments:

♥ H ♥ said...

haha that sounds like me when I tried to study by my pool. Yeah wasn't happening!

Gina said...

I adore the sun too! I remember the college vs. sun days. Hang in there! :)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. However, you could sort of blame a genetic reason for your love of sun. You didn't mention in your post that your mother encouraged you, not once, but two times, to go to the beach instead of study.

I think that love of sun runs deeeeeeeeeep in our blood, Jame. :)

Anonymous said...

Just keep telling yourself, it's for your health so you get enough vitamin D. That's what I kepp telling myself over and over and over every.single.time.

Lyryn said...

This is cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin