Just arrived in Wisconsin to visit my sister, bro-in-law and the most adorable little boys ... my nephews. Because of my school schedule, this is the first time I've seen them in 3 months. Way. Too. Long.
That may be cause for the reason I left my house at 5:00 this morning so that I could get here as soon as possible. My sister called me at 8:30 am to ask where I was. I said, "I'm close." She started dying laughing. Why? Because that is such typical behavior for me. Sleeping in has no appeal when family's waiting on the other side ... of Lake Michigan, that is. :)
Sooo, I'm here. And it seems that the initial excitment for my 3-year-old nephew of seeing his Auntie has worn off. Here is our most recent conversation:
Me: "Trace! We're going to the grocery store!"
Trace: "I'n going, but I not gonna go in."
Me: "Oh, okay. Are you going to stay in the car then by yourself?"
Trace: "No, I'n just gonna watch."
Me: "Do you want to hang out with Auntie?"
Trace: "No."
Me: "But it will be fun!"
Trace: "I think it's not fun."
Which is fiine. But now he's calling "AUNTIIIIEEEE!" from his toy room so apparently the appeal is back on. Oh, kids these days. Rapidly changing their minds, and oh so adorable.
1 comment:
Fickle. All of them! Don't take ANYTHING he says or does personally! :)
Post a Comment