Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm back. And Amy's married.

You would assume that since I haven't updated in over a week, that either I have nothing going on and therefore, nothing to blog about or - on the flip side - I have too much going on.
It's the latter.

Which means, I have a lot of blogging to do that may or may not go in order of the events that occurred. In fact, I'm starting with this past weekend and working my way backwards.

What happened this past weekend, you ask? Well, let me tell you. Amy, aka lifelong friend, went and got herself married!

The fun started on Friday with the rehearsal followed by dinner and games outside at Amy's parents' house. It was such a perfect night, with perfect weather and perfect company.


We woke up Saturday to another beautiful sunny day for the wedding. Now, I've been in my fair share of weddings and one of the things I've noticed is how true it is that the bride glows on her wedding day. Seriously. There's a look about a bride in love and excited to marry the love of her life. Glowing, I suppose is the correct word. And Amy was no exception. She was radiating beauty.

As I watched Amy's dad walk her down the aisle, watched her groom Bryan see her for the first time, and listened as she said her vows, I somehow miraculously managed to suppress the ugly cry. Thank God, for it's not a pretty sight.

After the new Mr. & Mrs. were officially announced, we took some pictures and climbed into our transportation to the reception. Not a limo. Not a party bus. An RV. Oh, yes. It was purely awesome. About 5 minutes into our ride through town, we realized that there was no 'Just Married' sign or any exterior mark on the RV that let people outside know that a bridal party was inside. So basically it looked as some crazy lady was driving an RV through town honking incessantly for no reason other than insanity.

Problem solved by waving Amy's bouquet of flowers outside the window for the rest of the ride. Good times.

One of our stops along the way was a park for pictures. At said park, there was a tree that lent itself perfectly to a perfect wedding picture. Not so perfectly, I decided to 'climb' it ... in a bridesmaid dress and high heels. Brilliant. After realizing it wasn't my best idea ever, I tried to get down but soon realized my foot was wedged into the tree pretty good. My groomsman walking partner was able to successfully kick my foot out and I moved to a safer location - the ground.

The reception was a blast full of lots of dancing. And once again, beautiful sunny day greeted us on Sunday morning for a final 'day after' wedding celebration. It wasn't long after all of the wedding festivities ended that the clouds rolled in and dumped a downpour complete with hail. The timing could not have been more perfect and all in all, the whole weekend was perfect.

Perfect most of all because of Amy and Bryan. I'm so thankful that the weddings that I have been able to stand up in ... friends, cousins and sister ... are for couples who I know are 100% in love and committed. I think we all know that's sadly rare these days and I count it a blessing to have been able to witness such awesome love stories. Amy and Bryan are no exception and I'm so, so happy for them! Congratulations to the newlyweds and THANK YOU for letting me be a part of your journey together :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! Such a beautiful wedding. I love those bridesmaids dresses. It looks like you all had such a great time.

♥ H ♥ said...

My favorite is the one of yall with the bluebonnetts!!! So pretty!!
Climbing trees in a dress and heels? HAHA love it! Sounds like a fun weekend
xoxo

Gina said...

An RV! WOW! Love the gorgeous photos!

Anonymous said...

I really love those bridesmaids dresses! They are so different and look great on all 3 of you hotties!! And, you are so right, Jame, Amy is absolutely glowing in every single picture!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin