Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The re-invention of my blogger thoughts. And another lesson (being) learned.

Here I am. Back again. Brushing off the dust of the good ol' blog after an almost one year hiatus.

Promise, promise, promise that light-hearted, fun-filled, blonde moment-type posts will inundate this page in the near future. And not that I intend for this particular post to be mundane, but in my own true fashion - I just need to share some honesty.

I'm in a season. You know. The ones that make you think, wonder, contemplate: what is this and how did I get here (again)?

Truth be told, I've been through transitions before, but have never quite felt like this before. There's nothing incredibly significant about the goings on in my life at the moment. But it's a season. I've tried to give it a name, put a finger on the what and the why. But I've learned that I can't. It just is.

I feel like a part of me - the spark, the passion - is taking a nap. But the beautiful part is really that I am confident that it will wake up again. And that it will be more vibrant.

I'm confident because I know how my God works. He uses the strangest emotions, situations and surprises to shape our lives for His purpose. And because of that, I'm going through this season (almost) willingly.

In typical Jesus-fashion, I stumbled upon an article written by Rob Bell that addressed this exact idea. He talks about having his life planned out when a somewhat insignificant moment changed it all. He says he felt lost, without a plan or purpose.

But then he says:

But that experience irrevocably altered my life. Nothing was ever the same again. My plans fell apart, which opened me up to entirely new future.

And then he relates it:

Jesus hangs naked and bloody on a cross, alone and abandoned by his students, scorned by the crowd, and yet defiant, confident, insistent that God is present in his agony, bringing about a whole new world, right here in the midst of this one.

What I'm starting to realize - and struggling to accept - is that all I need to know is that God really does know all, and He knows better. I can't control it. I just have to let what is, be.

And trust.

And in the midst of it all - embrace it and live through it, not nap through it.

Always keeping this advice in mind:

So keep your eyes and your heart open. Be quick to listen and slow to make rash judgments about how it's "all going to turn out," because you never know when you'll find yourself miles from home ... all of your plans crashing down around you, wondering how it all went wrong, only to discover that a whole new life is just beginning.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yes! The blog is back :) Jamie, well-said and so truthful...love you, cousin!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfectly worded, Jame. Confirming all those descriptive adjectives I used for you earlier today are true. Love you so much. So happy the blog is back. Ooo and I love the Rob Bell quotes. Gooooood stuff.

Mom said...

Wow, Jame, this is amazing, and makes me so proud of you. With all the changes and challenges in your life, you are becoming an incredible person, and I love you so much!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin