Other people have blonde moments.
Case in point, Miss Businesswoman at gas station today.
She pulls up - driver's side to the gas pump - and rolls down the window.
"Excuse me, ma'am?" Let us pause here for a second.
I cry a little bit inside every time someone calls me ma'am. For real. If the lady you are talking to looks any less than 50 and if she has anything other than gray/white hair, please use miss.
She continues ...
"Is my gas tank on this side?"
After assuring her it was indeed, not, I had to smirk a little bit at the thought that this is an incident similar to something I would do. A blonde moment, if you will. And, yes - she was blonde.
In other news: I'm sick. I deserve every bit of it after somewhat bragging over last weekend that I haven't been sick after encountering the flu-despite-the-flu-shot-flu that hit several family members. Not to mention I have dodged illness after getting puked on and coughed on continuously at work. My luck runs out.
What have I learned (besides that what you say will indeed come back to bite you)? Eating is in no way fun when you can't breathe out of your nose. I found myself out of breath after chewing each bite of my dinner. It was not - um - enjoyable.
Here's to health, clear breathing, appropriately identifying women and - duh - blonde moments.
Edited to add: Ummm. So my sister just notified me via blog comment that there is an arrow that points in the direction of your gas tank INSIDE THE CAR. Is this common knowledge? Is this a standard feature? I'm half tempted to walk out to my car to check. But, on second thought. No. It's cold. And, as previously mentioned, I can't breathe out of my nose.
But seriously. I'm embarrassed to say I formerly worked for an automotive company in the automotive capitol of the world and I don't know this.
My sister. Smart. Blonde. But smart.
3 comments:
Ha! That's funny! What makes it even funnier is that almost all cars have a small arrow on gas level indicator that points to the side of the car that the gas tank is on.
And I'm blonde and know this fact. :-)
Ahh. The world is right again. You are blogging :) SMILES.
Heeelarious. I honestly can't believe she asked you! LOL! I would have been so embarrassed to ask!
true story Brooke...well done
side note, told my dad that same little tip with the arrow about a year ago and he didn't know about it either...love telling him somehting he doesn't already know!
Post a Comment