Thursday, March 15, 2012

Brushing off the dust.

It's been almost exactly one year since I attempted to blog. So why am I back? And why now? I'm back because I (desperately) miss writing. There are things in life that fuel your passion, and sometimes you don't recognize just how much until they are no longer a part of your life. Writing - for me - is one of those things.

Why now? That I'm not sure. But now just feels right.

Since you last heard from me, a lot has changed - and a lot has stayed the same.

I am still a nurse (this is shocking to me, actually). While I have moved yet again, I'm still in Michigan. I still find my purpose in God's love and grace. I am still blonde.

No longer do just two nephews steal my heart, but three. I have sold my soul (and every last dime) to the evilly brilliant Apple company. I have joined the ranks of crafty geniuses wannabes addicted to Pinterest. Despite fighting it with every ounce of my being, I am older.

Life changes so much, so quickly. More and more I am realizing how important it is to embrace every moment, every person, every challenge, and every victory. At times, I learn this by intentionally noticing the good in life. Other times - too often - I learn the hard way.

But I live, and I learn.

And I guess that's why I'm blogging here again. Not just because I am a writer, but because it's my way of embracing each moment, and securing it's place in my memory.

I'm so glad to be back. Now I just have to remember how to get my blogging brain to work again. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin