I digress.
It was that time. Time to apply for college. It's a safe bet that most people have one school in mind, but apply to two or three others to allow for some cushion - you know - just in case.
Well. Not me.
I threw all my eggs in one basket, if you will, and filled out only one application: to Michigan State University.
Now, my parents have always empowered me, more or less, to make independent choices from early on. So never did I ever think this choice was anything but my own. Upon further investigation, and having become wiser with each passing year (ahem) - I have realized ...
... I was brainwashed.
From a young age, it was strikingly clear there was never another choice. I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I had the MSU Fight Song memorized almost immediately upon learning to speak. The influence was widespread throughout generations of family members - dad, grandpa, aunt, uncle, sister, cousins ... The list goes on.
Photographic evidence. And, yes. That's a mullet.
Naturally, this love of Green and White has translated into extreme and arguably irrational excitement when it comes to athletics of said university. Sure, I like sports - but not too much more than your average girl. But. When the Spartans are playing? Different story. Nothing compares to my mom, though. It is HIGHLY entertaining to watch a game with her. Trust me. In fact, here's a glimpse into our world ...
I secretly recorded my mom and Grandpa watching a recent game.
This is a downplayed version of what is typical, but you can pick up what I'm throwin' down, eh? Check out that intensity.
After all of this babbling, I reach my point. I am so pleased to share that the
And the brainwashing rolls on. The best kind of brainwashing.

No comments:
Post a Comment