Don't you just hate it when you're out running errands, or just driving somewhere unfamiliar and you want to find the nearest - let's say, Target - and can't? Me too.
That's why when I started working at a company that manufactured GPS navigation thingys, I was overjoyed at the thought of an opportunity to get my hands on one for - brace yourself - a discounted price. Not too long after I started said job was it revealed that the consumer electronics department, despite a just-as-quality product, could not quite keep up with the likes of Garmin and TomTom (such a great brand name - it alone sells the product).
Bad news? This meant job cuts. Did I ever tell you my initial motivation to go back to school? Good news? Yes, indeed, the price for MapQuest-on-the-go just had to continue to fall.
So I waited. And waited. Until I could validate spending my cash on this extremely necessary - er, mostly unneccessary - self-gift. Well people ... it happened. And ever since, I have been locating Targets from here to Timbuktu.
This morning, my cousin and I gave it a run for it's money by kind of purposefully getting 'lost' on the way home from church. Considering the fact that I'm blogging from home, we can all assume it did it's job well.
During our scenic drive, we decided my little friend must have a name. We tested out a couple and have tentatively concluded that 'she' looks and sounds like a Shirley. I think it's a keeper, but votes for alternative names are still welcome.
4 comments:
when I had one on my business trip, I called it "diane"....just thought I would throw it out there...
Pat has a navigation system on his phone and we thoughtfully refer to her as "Dolly" or "Dolly Direction".
Oooo, I'd have to hear the voice first before I could make any judgments on this one. Glad she works so well for you though.
Thanks for the suggestions! I do like the sound of Dolly. And I hadn't thought of Diane. (Maybe I should stick with the 'D' theme?)
Post a Comment