Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's the best I've got.

I've got nothing going on this week besides exams, so unless you want to hear about tumor necrosis factor and apoptosis, you'll understand why there will be no normal blogpost this week.

However, I did do the infamous '25 Random Things' list that's circulating on Facebook, so hopefully this will do for the moment:

Believe me, I am American. Yet I don’t like popcorn and have never once had a craving for pizza and could probably easily go without it for the rest of my life.

I’ve learned I have a six month threshold before I get bored with wherever I live. Hence, I’ve moved every year for the past three. I’m staying put for a while in order to overcome this quirk.

Sometimes I sense people getting annoyed with me talking about how much I adore my nephew. I absolutely hate the thought of being annoying. But I just can’t stop. I adore him.

I am utterly amazed by the fact that most of my professors do not credit God for creating the human body. I am continuously overwhelmed by its intricacies and believe it alone demonstrates the existence of our Creator.

I find it hilarious when people fall in public. When I was at Michigan State, I bit it cartoon-style three times in the same. Exact. Location. Each time I was upset that no one walking by laughed out loud at me or made reference to my clumsiness. That would have made it so much better.

For at least six months after I moved out of Chicago, I couldn’t drive past any big city without getting a lump in my throat.

My grandparents seem to stay out later than I do every New Year’s Eve, hanging out with their friends. I hope I am as active and involved as they are when I reach 76.

Hands down, my biggest fear is losing a member of my family. It has caused exaggerated worrying on my part on many occasions. I would never ever want to live a minute of life without any one of them.

I fell out of my dorm loft at Michigan State in the middle of the night. I thought the ladder was there. It wasn’t. In the process I broke a plastic table but not any bones. My roommate (Darby) sat up and yelled at me. The next morning she had no recollection of any of this. We found pieces of the table in far corners of our dorm room months later.

I love wearing black. If you know me, you know this.

I really, really and I mean really wish I could sing (well). REALLY. When you make fun of those people who act like they’re giving the performance of their life while driving alone? That’s me.

I used to work at the MSU rec center. People thought it was ridiculous that I wore high heels to work. They’re most certainly right. I wore them so much that I fooled people into thinking I was about 5’8, about 3 inches taller than my actual height. If I never had to put on a pair of flats, I wouldn’t.

I could imagine nothing better than playing the role of Glinda in Wicked. But that will never happen. See #13.

My head is huge. Not in an IthinkI’mawesome type of way. In actual circumference. Hats don’t fit me and I don’t know how they ever found a helmet for me in T-Ball.

I hyperventilate when I have to get shots. I hate to see kids sick. In 1.5 years, I will be a nurse – a pediatric nurse. I have the dedication and I definitely have the passion, but I think it’s clear I need some major prayer.

In theory, I don’t think Justin Timberlake is that hot. However, I LOVE him. And I can’t explain the jealousy I felt when he made out with one of his dancers on stage at his concert. Sigh.

My eyes are so expressive that sometimes they scare people. I have no control over this and never realized the extent of it until I saw pictorial evidence a few weeks ago.

I am obsessed with and very particular about writing utensils. If I can’t write well with a pen, I absolutely cannot use it. And when I find a pen I like, I have to have it.

It is rare for me to listen to any song without choreographing a dance to it in my head.

I’ve traveled to a lot of places but I want to go to Australia, India, Spain, Italy, California, South Africa, Kenya, Dubai, Jordan, Thailand, Israel, Colorado, Fiji, Zimbabwe, and many more. Some for relaxation, some for adventure and some for life change and life giving.

When I was little, I thought my grandpa was Colonel Sanders and owned Kentucky Fried Chicken since he lived in Kentucky. And I thought I owned a small ice cream shop in Frankenmuth called Jaami’s Jams & Jellies for obvious reasons. I couldn’t figure out why they had spelled my name wrong.

I hate hoarding and am very good at parting with sentimental things when the time comes to make space. However, I do not throw away cards. Birthday, congrats, good luck, thinking of you … They are some of my most prized possessions that I keep tucked away and read every now and again.

I am a girly girl through and through. My fate was sealed when I attempted to wear Jelly Shoes to my softball game.

Want to know who was Miss New Jersey in 1996? I could tell you. I know way more than anyone ever should about the Miss America pageant. I still don’t know if I’m proud of this or embarrassed by it. Most people who know me would probably say the latter.

In 6th grade, I convinced my parents that I was going to be a star basketball player. I went to basketball camp and when we moved into our new house, I couldn’t wait for our new basketball hoop to be installed. I made a daily practice schedule but then never ever used the hoop. Needless to say, I never played on a team. Again, #23 was confirmed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just laughed so hard after reading some of those. You inspired me to come up with my own list.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin