Sunday, February 22, 2009

Good times. Great friends.

It has been a great weekend ... and it's not even quite over with!

Actually, my 'weekend' started on Thursday. Yes, it's true. I only have classes Monday-Wednesday so this is the case each and every week. How did I pull that off? Truth be told, my class schedule just fell into place that way. Things will change very soon though, so I'm trying to enjoy and take advantage of this schedule while I still have a chance.

Moving on.

So on Thursday, I headed out to visit friends near the Deeeeetroit city. That's right. I'm cool like that. My first visit was to the home of my former college roommate and lifelong friend, Darby and her husband, Kevin. I was greeted with a delicious dinner and an energetic tosaytheleast greeting from their almost one-year old Puggle - Juno. (That theory about puppies settling down a bit after the first year or so got completely thrown out the window with this one!)

After dinner, Juno wanted to show me her tricks. I caught this one on camera. She's verrry talented.


We finished the night off with a movie ... Confessions of a Shopaholic. Well, I have a confession: I greatly disliked this movie. I admit I forced myself to giggle a couple of times only to make it bearable. Sorry to anyone who loved it, but ... not a fan. Notsomuch.

Friday was packed non-stop with mainly pointless activities that basically resulted from the same conversation each time: 'We should go here/get this/do this.' ... 'Sounds like a plan.' And we were off. That's just how we roll - always have, always will. Side-splitting laughter was also the norm during our day.

We did manage to paint some masterpieces that were extremely difficult incredibly simple, for their house. They now oh so nicely occupy a formerly empty wall. Productivity at it's finest and I was happy to dust off the interior design degree that I was about 10 or so credits short of getting during College Part 1.



Friday night was ... bowling. If you recall my superior totally lame bowling skills from this post, you will be shocked to hear that I actually broke 100 this time around! Unfortunately, Darby and Kevin still had more skill than I have and I lost every game. But considering I managed a couple of strikes (very rare) and even a split spare (or whatever it's called ... pointless technicalities, people.), I was thrilled.

My last stop for the weekend trip was to a baby shower for my amazing friend Kristi, her awesome husband, Joe and their soon-to-be-born-baby WIP (Work In Progress). It was a great time, even though I came in dead last in every single shower game that was played. Hey, you can't win 'em all. In one of the games, I did manage to freeze my hand off trying to melt an ice cube with a miniature baby frozen inside. The winner of the game put her ice cube in coffee to melt it. Totally not fair, but whatev. Apparently it was acceptable in the rule book. I can't wait to meet this little fella in a couple of months! He's certain to be adorable.

I said farewell to my friends, hopped in my car and headed back home in a glorious snowstorm. A perfect sign the great weekend was coming to an end. Summer ... I need you.

The four-year olds in my group this morning at church were especially hyped up. I think they need summer too. I think we all do. Am I right? :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Baby WIP loved getting hugs and loves from Auntie Jamie. I TOTALLY remembered this morning that I was supposed to get your laptop from you. I'll just mail you a FedEx label. :) xoxox.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin