Today was my second time there and my wall is already getting filled with little kiddo masterpieces of artwork. These include a drawing of a heart with a tree in the middle - you know, because that's the natural thing to draw - and a couple of gifts with bows. So random. So cute.
Today, I was helping two little boys make pictures with stamps. Note: This is not a clean activity. There will, without a doubt, be ink all over the table, the kids' hands and YOU if you take part in this activity. Luckily, that's totally part of the fun.
Anywho, at one point, the little tike looked at me, showed me the heart stamp and said, "I am stamping a heart for you so that you will fall in love with me." All together now, "Awww!"
Other things I've learned so far:
- It's super easy to win a game of 'I Spy' when you play with a four year old. Without fail, they look directly at the object they are 'spying' when they spy it.
- The cheesier you act, the more the kids will like you. This is not new knowledge as I've already learned this from my nephew. It's just confirmed knowledge.
- Sharing for a kid is still not fun. at. all. It is like the number one worst nightmare exactly as I remember it to be.
- The world's coolest thing to be able to do as a four year old? Be able to recite your entire name. First. Middle. Last.
More to come ... Stay tuned.
3 comments:
Haha! This is so cute - aren't kids just so darn cute? I love the *I Spy* lesson learned!
CUTE blog!!! I love the layout!
Too funny! Can't wait for more stories to come from your "students". I too loved the "I spy" lesson! Ha!
Post a Comment