Apparently he saw something coming.
A couple of nights ago as I was driving home at night, I realized I couldn't see ahead of me very well. Hmmmm ... that's strange. When I pulled up behind another car, I didn't see the reflection of my headlights. Sweet. My lights are out.
My plan was to take my car in the next morning. Well, thanks to a total brain lapse
The officer approached my car and happened to be the nicest cop I've ever encountered - basically apologizing for having to pull me over. He must have seen blonde through my new brunette do; however, because this is what he says:
"Do you know you're supposed to drive with your headlights on?"
No, I thought that since I have a black car that blends into my surroundings at night, it would be safest to drive with no lights on.
Thanks for the Drivers Ed 101 refresher course.
Now, at this moment my smarts decided to momentarily make a cameo appearance as I responded:
"My lights are turned to on. Are they not working?" *Fake stunned and shocked look flashes across my face*
After a few more exchanges about why my lights may not be working, he suggests I drive the rest of the way home with my flashers on. Don't be jealous.
I asked if I could put my brights on instead (because for some strange reason, they still work), to which he responded:
"Oh no. You will blind someone. But, if you were driving in the country where there are lots of deer, you could drive with your brights on."
After I checked out my hair in my rearview mirror to see if my blonde roots were showing through, I thanked him for letting me know about my lights and for keeping me and the rest of the world safe.
Seriously, if all cops were that nice and naive about the knowledge of the driver, no tickets would ever be handed out.
Today, I took my car in to get the lights fixed. They fidgeted with the fuse box before telling me that I have issues. Excuse me?! I have issues?! Oh. They meant my car. Whew.
Well that's just peachy. So, tomorrow I get to take my 2007 model year car into the dealership at 8:30 a.m. to officially be diagnosed - and hopefully fixed.
A perfect start to the weekend if you ask me. Hopefully they'll have coffee waiting for me.
_______________
In other news, my spell checker is telling me - of all words - that I spelled BLONDE wrong. Really?! That is not a good sign. Please tell me that blonde/blond is one of those words like gray/grey that has multiple correct spellings.
If not, I really do have issues.
4 comments:
OK, seriously too funny and I have to say that I have pulled the same trick also. I knew something was wrong with my car before I got pulled over and then played it off like I didn't know. Must be the smarts of a blonde woman.
You got very lucky there, chicky! hehe. It's good to know though about not using brights, but using flashers. I would have just gone around blinding everyone
Blonde, blonde, blondE. I applaud you for using it correctly (as if I expected any less). In a short lesson for the world, The word "blond" refers to the color, (hair, wood, etc.) "Blonde," refers a woman or a girl with blond hair. A man with blond hair is a blond. So, unless you're not telling us something, blonde is the descriptor for you! (Maybe blogger thinks everyone is a boy. Lame.)
So many things running through my head right nown re: the car...I could give your car an SBQC test...or run a J2534 reflash on it! (It's so sad that I know these things...you were smart to get out while the gettin' was good...)
xoxo! See you soooooooooon!
OMG Kristi, you are too smart!! I should have just CALLED you to ask about all of these things! How do you know these things? Thank you for clearing this up!
Post a Comment