Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm back ...

... in more ways than one.

Back from my short-lived, jam-packed visit to my hometown.
Back to blogging.
Back to ...

BLONDE!

Yes, that's the 'secret' covert weekend mission that I was excited about. I know. I made a pathetic attempt at the whole brunette thing - only lasting several months.

Here's the deal.

While I decided almost immediately after dying my hair that I wouldn't be brunette for too long, I can honestly say that I didn't think I'd be dipping my head in a vat of bleach quite this soon. Several things factored into my decision:

- I'm in the wedding of a lifelong friend this summer and want to look like I always have - blonde.
- Since my lifeasIknowit will be violently ripped from my hands in under four weeks when I start nursing school, I needed to make this change now before I don't have time.
- Going from dark back to blonde made me just a tad bit nervous that my hair would turn orange or some shade of weird green or something. That said, I wanted someone who had actually known me as a blonde to do the job. Solution? I had to get my hair done in hometown and this was the only chance I had. For reasons beyond my control, that didn't quite work out as planned, but I'm happy to report my hair is definitely not orange.
- Saving over $40 by getting my hair done in hometown? Totally necessary.

Anywho, I'm super glad to be back to blonde. Back to 'me.' And I think my mom's overjoyed reaction to seeing me as a blonde again told the story that this is what fits me. :)

In other news, nursing orientation went great - besides being rather boring. I met some fabulous people that I am thrilled to be sharing this experience with. And it's confirmed: I'll be in class all day Monday-Saturday for a good chunk of summer. Oh well. I'll make it work. I can't wait to get this thing started with (and in that case, over with).

A whole post about blonde hair? Lame - it's true.

And one last time ... Go GREEN, Go WHITE! So proud to be a SPARTAN!! :)


Edited to add: It was requested that I add a 'Before/After' picture of my hair. So, here it is! Note: I do not do self-portraits, so the blonde picture is from before I went brunette since I don't yet have a picture of my new blonde hair. Basically, it looks the same now as it did then.


2 comments:

L!FE.in.the.P!NK.Lane said...

Oh my goodness! I have a hair appointment tomorrow!

dun dun dunnn...

I'm a bit nervous and have been avoiding/debating it for a little while now. Normally my hair is blonde-blonde.... But during the winter I opted for a light brown which soon turned into a more brownish blondish mix. Buuuuuuut tomorrow, its on! I'm heading back to my signature blonde-blonde! I just always worry the night before that a. my hair will fall out from dying it WAY too much or b. it turning more white/blonde than the preferred gold/blonde.

I'm glad yours turned out well-- Thanks for the confidence! =)

And there you have it...a *WHOLE* comment about blonde hair! Vain? never =)

Gina said...

No before and after pics? C'mon, hook it up!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin