- Amy's bridal shower (#1). I have been friends with Amy as long as I can remember and have so many cherished memories with her by my side. So I can't wait to stand by her as she ties the knot in June. Sunday was her first bridal shower and it's very exciting to officially get the ball rolling on all of the festivities!
- Girls of Grace Dance Concert. My aunt is the director for a dance ministry at the church I grew up in and it has grown immensely since the days when there were only 5-6 of us dancing once a year during a church service. Now, two sold out 'performances' are offered as an end-of-year celebration.
The purpose and intention behind this concert is not to show off top notch ballet technique or wow the audience with pirouettes. Its purpose is expression and interpretation - through dance - of Jesus' love and our praise to Him. It's always beautiful. It's always powerful.
It was an awesome experience to be able to provide choreography for one of the dances along with my roommate, Sarah. We were also able to dance too, which is something I miss terribly and will jump at any chance to do. I will post videos from the concert in the next couple of days :) - 80s Fest.
Oh yes. We totally brought back the neon, big hair, blue eyeshadow ... all of that totally rad 80s-ness.
My hometown has a festival for any and every theme you can imagine. The 80s decade is no exception.
Now, I must admit - I truly think that fashion of the 80s was truly horrendous. Think Zack Morris-style stonewash, straight-legged jeans with untied Converse hightops for the men. As for the ladies ... can we get some side ponytails, paint splattered jean skirts, and side-tied oversized neon shirts? Seriously. How cool were we back then?
All around, it was a super fun night with one of the best parts being the people watching. I witnessed countless Madonna look-alikes, an authentic mullet (YES!), leotards and the best of them all ... a girl on roller skates. Brilliant. I was a big fan.

Ah, good times.
It was a great weekend only to be brought down by the dreaded food poisoning. And, may I just add ... on the (early) morning of my first exams when the risk of losing my breakfast, lunch and dinner - oh wait! I had already done that! - was still incredibly high, I started out by falling down the stairs. Yep. That's right. I'm smoooooooth.
Then the bus I was on broke down. Even better.
Shockingly, all things considered - I passed all of my exams and my classes and can officially continue with the nursing program. But first things first: a week and a half OFF. Woot! I know it's only April in Michigan, but I'm really really hoping for a couple of days that I can validate getting to the beach. Might be pushing it ...
That's all. Except maybe for the fact that tonight, I tripped twice on the same exact part of a rug in my apartment ... within minutes. Luckily, Sarah was there to witness it. Falling is hilarious only when witnessed. But seriously, what is my problem lately?
4 comments:
haha you crack me up! Food poisoning sucks! I had that over Christmas. Cool, didn't get to enjoy the traditional feast :( But I lost about 8 lbs. Holla!
haha..yes I usually blurt out random things at random moments. And I still haven't shaved my legs.
Yay for passing all your exams!
Remember my black dress pants with the cuff? and how my shoe would ALWAYS get stuck in it while walking and how I nearly died eleventy billion times...but you saved my life every. single. time? :) Yes, friend...steer clear of the cuffed pant.
Ok I just had to create a profile thing just so I can start commenting on your blogs =] Specifically this one...I just cracked up thinking about seeing you trip TWICE last night in the SAME spot. Haha, I love it - which is probably why AFV is my favorite show.
Oh my, Kristi - I will never forget that. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard. And I was SERIOUSLY concerned for your safety and thought you were going to kill yourself falling. I'm cracking up just thinking of it. Oh, the memories. I think it's safe to say cuffed pants would not be a good idea for me :)
Yay, Sarah!! I'm so glad you made a profile :) And I'm even more happy that you've been able to witness SEVERAL of my falling moments this year haha.
Post a Comment