________
Great weekend with my sister, bro-in-law, the kiddos and the parents for Easter. In Wisconsin.
Despite their incessant prying, we were able to surprise my mom and dad with dinner to celebrate their 30th anniversary. (I swear, they were like children trying to get it out of us. Parents these days - I tell ya.)
We took them to a restaurant overlooking the beach where flowers, chocolate (for mom) and cigars (for dad) greeted them on the table. They loved it. They deserved it.

30 years and still in love. Gotta love that.
_______
As I was walking by my sister/bro-in-law's bedroom, a glimmering gold trophy caught my eye. A trophy? For who? For what?
Answer? Bro-in-law won it from his archery class. Who knew they gave out trophies for these things.
It was an amazing sight - complete with a gold plastic man on top shooting a bow.
He won the coveted 'Most Improved' award.
Let me tell you. This trophy was quality at its finest. Case in point: As I was carrying it out to show it off to the rest of the fam and celebrate brother's accomplishment, the plaque fell off.
When I'm with my bro-in-law, he gets me to watch shows like Ice Road Truckers and those fishing/hunting shows - all those manly things. Now he can add bow hunting to his repertoire. I wonder if there's a TV show about that? If there is, I'm sure we'll be watching it.
Related side note: On their honeymoon, my sis and bro-in-law went deep sea fishing. As the story goes, sister's stomach and the deep sea didn't get along so well. But at the end of the trip, at the encouragement of her new husband (who hadn't caught anything), she cast ONE line.
And she reeled in ... a barracuda.
My bro-in-law fell even more in love with her that day.
_________
Sporting a fauxhawk on Easter morning, my nephew ran up to me to show off his new do.
Him: "Auntie, yook at my hair!"
Me: "Ooooh, you look so cool buddy!"
Him: "I'n getting bigger!"
Love it.
__________
I went for a run on Saturday. I almost died. Confirmation was made ... Running is not my workout of choice. Never will be.
I give SOOO much credit to those of you who can run miles and miles on end. The thought of running a marathon boggles my mind. And makes my heart physically hurt. Props to you who have that ambition. Wow.
__________
You know the buttons that are placed at crosswalks? The ones that you can push to make that little white walkey guy appear so you can cross the street?
Yeah, people. They do not work. They only make you feel like you have some control over magically changing the light.
So when I saw a lady this morning incessantly pushing that button, I just had to laugh a little.
I still probably will continue to push these buttons, too. Just because.
_________
After watching a video in class this morning - yes, video. Not even the real thing. - of a feeding tube being placed, I may have wanted to vomit a little.
Read: Things I come across this next year in nursing school are going to be challenges. I've never passed out or vomited at the sight of anything. That may change soon.
You can't overcome fear if it's not faced, right? In that case, bring it on. Not like I have much of a choice.
___________
A few pictures from the weekend:
10 comments:
Made me laugh, cry a little, and miss you LOTS!! Love ya! Definitely a great weekend!
Yay I love picture posts and anniversaries and nephews with fauxhawks! Running and videos of tube feeds... not so much. Glad you had a great weekend!
Awesome post, as usual. =)
P.S. Good News Jame--tube feeding placements probably rank as one of the worst things to do as a nurse, soooo it can only get better for you from here, right?
They do have bow hunting shows! Mainly on the Outdoor channel. Yes I watch them. By myself. They're actually cool to watch. Glad you had a good weekend!
Ooh, there IS a show! I wonder if my bro-in-law knows about it. Those shows are totally the ones that you don't plan to watch but then end up being fascinated with for hours ... haha.
... and really good to know about those tube feedings, Brooke. REALLY good. :)
never heard that honeymoon story before...did brooke actually catch a barracuda??
Cute blog :)
Oh yes Micah! I have a pic to prove it!
Post a Comment