So, inspired by Heather @ Small Town Girl, here is a list of 10 quotes that I. just. love. Check out the quotes Heather has on the side of her blog ... they are great and I'm not promising I won't steal some for this post.
For some reason, I have always loved a good quote. And wherever I go and whatever I read, I typically have a journal close by to be able to capture any words of wisdom that I might hear.
So here it is - the list:
- "God woos us with kindness. He changes our character with the passion of His love." - Blue Like Jazz
- "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9
- If God is going to write your love story, He's first going to need your pen." - When God Writes Your Love Story
- "She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future" -Proverbs 31:25
- "Cause I'm not who I was when I took my first step. And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet." - Ginny Owens
- "Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.”-Anthony Robbins
- "I want to show all the world who You are - the reason I live and breathe. So You'll be the One that they see when they see me." - Joy Williams
- "Running through yesterday into tomorrow. Don’t let it just drift away. Forget about tying the hands of time. Give every minute to the One who gave us today." - Joy Williams
- "I'm thankful, for every break in my heart. I'm grateful, for every scar. Some pages turned, some bridges burned - but there were lessons learned." - Carrie Underwood
And, considering it's Easter weekend, I think what this quote says is exactly what we have to be so thankful for: - "We are invited to be the hands and feet of Jesus, who loves us for who we are and yet loves us way too much to let us stay that way." - Rob Bell
Celebrate that this weekend ... and every day. Happy Easter!
___________
Edited to add: Considering many of these quotes come from my favorite books, I thought I would include my reading list too.
- Donald Miller - Searching for God Knows What and Blue Like Jazz
- Rob Bell - Velvet Elvis and Sex God
- Brennan Manning - Ragamuffin Gospel
- Eric & Leslie Ludy - When God Writes Your Love Story <-- Is it a good or a bad thing that the pages are falling out b/c of how many times I've had to read this one? Hmmm...
- Wm. Paul Young - The Shack <-- I'm not all the way through it, but it's safe to assume I'm going to love it.
- Kristin Billerbeck - Every book she's written. :)
2 comments:
Awesome quotes!
#3 - Love it! Bought the book :)
#4 - It's what keeps me going
#9 - Favorite song! I jam it out and sing at the top of my lungs. I sound just like her...............baha not!
Steal away :) That's why they're there!!
#10 - can I get an Amen?!
Hoppy Easter!
Post a Comment