Because of the blogging break, I missed the 'Week 3' of nursing school post. Oops. It was basically more of the same. I made it through and didn't fail out. I count that as an accomplishment each and every week I make it through. And once again, more modesty was lost. I thought all modesty was lost during my pageant days when quick changes, swimsuit glue and boob taping were like second nature. (Oh, pageants. I forgot the strange things we did.) Not true. More modesty is lost during nursing school. Trust me.
And I passed another pharmacology exam. This is an even bigger accomplishment. Such. an. impossible. exam.
In three class periods, we
But miracles do happen and I've developed a new strategy for doing well on these exams: After every exam, I will call my sister and tell her how hard it was and that it is a guarantee that I failed. Every time I do this, somehow, I do well on the exam. No clue how this happens, but I am thankful it does.
I've become known as the 'laugher' of my class. I've always been the type who can't stop laughing once I start, but I have officially surprised myself with how often this past week I completely burst out in laughter at things that were more or less not funny. I'm chalking it up to delirium.
What was funny? That would be when my friend ran face first smack into a marble pillar/wall in the nursing building. Caveat: She was not injured in the process. Hence, funny. Definitely one of those 'you had to be there' things so I won't bore you with the details, but I kid you not. Funniest thing ever. Not since I was three was I so close to peeing my pants from laughing so hard. You know those things that invoke hysterical laughter just by thinking of them? This is one of those things. Laughing right now.
I guess I'd rather be the incessant laugher than the stoic and serious type, but I fear I may need to reign it in a bit. Must. be. professional.
Lastly ...
This morning at church, I was pouring cream into my coffee when I looked up and there standing right next to me was a lady from my hometown. My church is a very big church, so the chances of me running into her were very small. She is an amazing woman with such an inspiring strength and faith who I admire so much. She and her family were in the area for her daughter's track meet and they decided to try out the church I go to.
She said to me, 'I prayed this morning that God would bless me with a special treat today and I think you're it.' After a long and exhausting week, talking to her was just what I needed. God puts people in our paths at the perfect time and that is what I'm thankful for right now. And although I hope that God gave her a treat much more special than running into me, I'm glad she prayed that prayer.
5 comments:
How nice to be someone's special treat! I'm glad you're surviving school and I say it's great that you're laughing through it. Much better than crying!
Awww...that lady's prayer being YOU is so cool! I lost all my modesty after having a baby so it's nice to know that the nurses who were touching me in the oddest of places knew how I felt. :)
Glad I can be the one that in some odd way, helps you pass your exams, Jame. However, whenever you tell me how hard an exam was, and that THIS time you definitely failed it, I have to admit that I am usually just shaking my head saying, Okay, Jame, but really thinking, "whatever, you ALWAYS pass your exams, and you will pass this one with flying colors, too."
Just sayin'. :)
who was this lady from the muth?
Yayayayay for Jamie! And so funny... Brooke, I made the same "I just failed the hardest exam" calls to Kristi when I was in grad school!
Post a Comment