Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Remember that game, 'Yes means No?'

... apparently I'm playing my own grown-up, blonde version of that now.

You see, I'm addicted.

To pop. (Or soda, coca-cola, coke, whatever it's called in your part of the world)

Which is fiiiine. Except for the fact that the more pop I drink, the less water I drink. And since I'm trying to be a good little girl and get in my full 8 glasses of water per day, my pop addiction isn't working in my favor.

Which is why I made a deal with myself that I would not drink ANY pop this week ... or any other type of fluid beside water.

Why then, may I ask, am I drinking more pop than normal this week? Why, tell me, did I have Gatorade yesterday? (BTW, not generally a Gatorade fan, but I'm loving me some of that Tiger Woods low-cal kind - in purple.)

And, why ... WHY ... am I going on a walk with Sarah now to get a pop? Note: That would make this my second walk of the day and my second pop of the day.

I guess it's do the opposite of what I say week. In that case, I'm going to gain five pounds this week ...

Anyone else with me on this type of behavior?!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

With you girl. More bad news: for every pop you drink you actually have to add one more glass of h-two-oh to the list. Sadness.

But now that I can HAVE pop again (like, the good stuff with caffeine) I've pretty much been surviving on it. :)

xo.

Gina said...

So glad I am not the only one who does this. Except I do it with candy.

Kelli said...

I feel you. I went "off" pop when I was in L.A. and had the worst headache of my life for like, oh two weeks. I went off it again this January and I swear the stuff is a drug... sweating, salivating, craving, dreaming about it. LOL. Non-sweetened iced tea (especially from a fountain) is a LIFE SAVER...all of the caffeine, all of the icy goodness, and no cals!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin