I've got a homemade, self-developed, entirely lame joke for you:
Q: What do you get when you cross a fearless 'risk' taker with a blonde?
... give up? Fine. I'll tell you.
A: Orange hair.
When I saw this blog post, I thought to myself: "Self, your hair is very close to her color. She saves loads of money by lightening her own hair and it looks amazing. Yes, I shall try this myself."
After reading the 35 comments on her post - every single one of which said something along the lines of 'I would never dye my own hair' or 'I've tried this and it was a disaster' - you would have thought I would have grown some brains and chickened out.
Key words='you would have thought.' I'm not a dumb blonde. But I can be what I will refer to as blonde dumb from time to time. This blog is entitled what it is for a reason. Let's be serious.
My theory: It's just hair. And since I was almost due for a highlight anyway, I figured if I messed it up, I would go get it fixed. If the dye job was a success, awesome. Win-win, if you ask me.
I went out, spent $8 on the necessary supplies and followed her step-by-step directions. Well, let me just tell you. This girl. She's blessed. How her hair turns out that good with an $8 box-dye is beyond me. And I'm a tad jealous.
I on the other hand, am not so fortunate. About 15 minutes after applying the dye, I noticed an orange tinge. Hmmm. Maybe that will wash out. Nope. Orange. Nice look. Lies.
Since I had dye/bleach/whatever leftover, I tried again thinking I just needed to give it a bit more time. Wrong. Now, it wasn't actually horrible. Just not necessarily, um ... preferable.
Long story longer ... I just got back from an 'emergency' hair appointment. I'm back to normal.
What's better? I found an amazing hairstylist. She's awesome and I so enjoyed talking to her. I adore meeting new people and she was so fun.
Overall, I suppose the risk was worth it and the whole thing provides a good laugh. But, word to the wise ... don't try this at home. Leave blonde up to the professionals. :)
3 comments:
Glad it's fixed, jame! Cute post:)
So so so funny. I did this once. I was going for the "Faith Hill" look (when Faith was young and cool...sorry, Faith). In related news, I saw a salon in CT called "Blonde and Beyond." Love it.
Oh no! lol. too funny. At least you had a good outlook on it & could laugh. :)
Post a Comment