My friend, Kelli, recently said the big 'Yes!' to the man of her dreams. And as only is natural for her sweet, caring and creative nature ... she came up with the most unique way of asking the good ol' 'Will you be my bridesmaid' question.
For each of her bridesmaids, she is coming up with what has become known as 'Sneak Attacks.' Basically, she's surprising each girl separately, in a different way each time. No one knows when or where or even if its coming. Kind of like the super fun, non-humiliating, wedding version of Punked.
Now. Kelli has started a blog (yes! Go read it!) to chronicle her journey o' love and has revealed each Sneak Attack in the last several posts.
Before I continue, let me tell you the back story on how Kelli and I became friends ...
Ages and ages ago (haha), I was in high school (I think?) working at a bridal/prom shop. A bubbly and ohsonice girl - aka, Miss Bay County ... aka, Kelli - came in to search for an evening gown for competing at Miss Michigan. Being a pageant girl myself, we chatted for a few minutes about all things crowns and sparkles.
Never did I know that we would become lifelong friends. Throughout the next few years, Kelli, her equally-awesome sister, Kristi, and I competed in pageants together and shared many many fun memories ... including almost dying on our way up north when Kristi's beloved yellow Aztec hit a nasty patch of black ice that sent us flying off the road. Thanks to Kristi's freakishly calm and controlled reaction ... we survived. And, we also tried to dig that car out of the snow while sporting stilettos. Oh, what a sight that must have been.
In 2004, Kelli became Miss Michigan. One of my favorite memories is making the trip out to Atlantic City to cheer her on at Miss America. And after having the opportunity to support her in that milestone, I can say I'm even more honored to be able to support her now as she marries the love of her life.
So ... back to the story.
As I was
'Sneak Attack #6 is coming this weekend, and for details about the recipient of Sneak Attack #5, well, you'll just have to check here. :)'
I clicked on the link and it took me to MY blog. I wish there was a camera to capture the look of confusion on my face. I did. not. get. it. Blonde moment, I suppose. Went back to her blog, clicked the link again ... yep, that definitely is linked to my blog. Does she know this? It's a mistake. So I went back one more time and re-read what it said. Clicked on the link a few more times before realizing that I was Sneak Attack #5! Haha. So surprised and so very excited!
Yay for love, weddings and friends.
3 comments:
awww that is so fun!!! congrats!!!
That is such a cute idea!!! Congrats lady!!!
Haha SO SO funny. I actually told Kelli when she told me how she was going to sneak attack you that you wouldn't get it at first. I can see the look on your face now... :) SMOOCHES!
Post a Comment