Friday, June 12, 2009

An open letter.

Dear Pedestrians,

The button at crosswalks that supposedly makes the light change?

Yeah, it doesn't actually make the light change faster.

Soooooooo, there is no need to push it incessantly. The little white walky guy will appear when he wants to, without your eager finger pushing assistance.

Therefore, relax. Take in a breath of fresh air or polluted air, whatev. And suppress your need to control the world and be in a hurry.

But if you do still choose to push the button just because it makes you feel better, so be it. Because I will continue to find it very funny.

Please.

And thank you.

Love,

Girlwithstrangepetpeeveswhofindstheweirdestthingsfunny.

7 comments:

AmberDenae said...

Haha...amazing. So true, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

hahah this would bug me too! don't worry

♥ H ♥ said...

haha...so true!!

Christina said...

I'm a button pusher!!! It's OK, you can laugh at me :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. I am soooo guilty of being the button pusher! I realize it probably doesn't do anything faster, but for some reason I feel like i HAVE TO do it. hahaha. At least I know now that I'm probably making someone laugh. :)

Meredith said...

LOL! And yet as a pedestrian, I totally have the urge to push the button 100 times!

tbg/up said...

Jamie,

I too have some pet peeves. I don't like it when people tail gate, but I have found an amazing thing. I think because of the frustration of having someone tail gate, I have at times noticed that my windshield is dirty, so I give it a generous cleaning. Then amazingly, I find an interesting thing happen to the tail gater....they back off and they too begin cleaning their windshield. Sometimes they quickly pass me, sometimes pausing before they rush by. I never look over at them as they pass in case some of my frustration should show.

In reality, this is not a good approach and could cause reactionary road rage. In fact, this technique is probably phase 1 of reactionary road rage which could drive phase 2, so it is not recommended. It is just a reaction to another pet peeve.

It is much better to ignore those who tail gate and even assist them in passing since they obviously have something very important for which they must travel quickly.

I also wonder if pushing elevator buttons to go up or down multiple times makes the elevator arrive quicker?

tbg/up

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin