At least I'm getting used to functioning
It was a great weekend, despite the fact that I couldn't be with the rest of my family in Wisconsin visiting my sister/bro-in-law/nephews. My youngest nephew was dedicated at church today and knowing how important this is to my sis and bro (and to me too, and the rest of the family), I really really wanted to be there. But, school made it a non-option ... are we starting to see a trend here?!
Fortunately, I had plenty to do to keep me busy and entertained.
Friday was injection day at school. As I mentioned, I was under the impression that we would be practicing injections on each other. I was wrong. Apparently, they changed the rules and we can no longer inflict recurring pain on our classmates by practicing injecting saline into each other. Good news, you say? True story.
Except for the fact that this means the first actual injection I give will be on an actual patient. I'm not quite sure I feel good about that. In fact, I can confidently say I don't feel confident about that idea. Soooo, if you don't live in Michigan, be thankful that you don't have to even remotely worry about being my first victim. And if you do live in Michigan, watch out. I will soon be turned loose with a syringe, a needle, and God-willing ... a steady hand. May I suggest putting off any injections you need until after I graduate ... just to be safe.
After a full week of classes, we were all going stir crazy. So by the end of the day on Friday, we were all dying to get out and get our minds off of school. It was perfect weather and the perfect day to sit outside and enjoy a drink (or two). SUCH a fun night with so much laughter.

Last night, we went out again to celebrate one of our classmate's birthday. Again, so much fun. It's amazing that we're not sick of each other after being together every waking minute of the day, every day of the week. I've heard that some the accelerated nursing classes have been very serious and don't have much fun ... definitely not true of us and I'm so thankful to be on this journey with such an awesome group of friends.

I would also like to mention that the matchmakers have come out of the woodwork in full force. Seriously. I feel like in every direction I turn, someone is trying to set me up. Random teachers, classmates, the hairdresser who saved my hair, and the list goes on. Now if you know me, you know that I do not enjoy being set up. I've learned I shouldn't be like that, and am learning to be much more open to it. So, whatever, bring it on. And it doesn't hurt that I don't have time to think about getting into a serious relationship right now ... somehow that takes the pressure off and the whole thing can just be fun. If something comes of it, fantastic.
In other news, I have somewhat of a follow-up to this post. Not surprisingly, the response to what happened in church last week was huge. Personally, I will never forget that moment and how it felt to be a part of that. This morning, a couple of stories were read from people talking about their experiences that morning. Each of them was an incredible capture of the experience, but a couple stood out to me:
The first ... A teacher who has a young girl in her classroom who daily complains during recess that her shoes hurt her. This little girl's family, struggling financially, can't afford shoes for her that fit. So that morning when the buckets were placed, this teacher grabbed a handful of money and stopped on the way home to buy several pairs of new shoes and clothes for that little girl. After giving the shoes to the little girl in school the next day, the teacher watched her and her brother walk away grinning ear to ear. Here is love.
The second ... A lady grabbed a handful of money that morning for her friend who was recently divorced and subsequently laid off. This man is struggling a lot with who Jesus is and what 'this' all means. Upon giving him the money, she realized that its not answers that he needs to show him Jesus, it's love.
Have a GREAT week, and remember to spread the love :)
2 comments:
You guys are so cute. I remember being your age (sigh) and everyone wanting to set me up. Enjoy it! :)
Lol thank you for the sweet comment, I trust you still read but with your busy schedule it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you didnt ;)
Looks like your enjoying your nursing program!!
I think we (Christians) need to show the world love, and that is what will bring people closer to Jesus and having a relationship with him! Actions speak louder than words!
Post a Comment