So for the next four weeks, join me on my August Adventures ...
... Starting with a little mini vaca to the world of all things Disney: Orlando, Florida.
For several years when I was a
Before moving on, let me just throw down what I already know you're picking up: I had impeccable fashion sense as a child.
So, you ask. Will I be going to Disney this time around? Hmm ... no. I suppose I should say it's a slight possibility, but only if the weather is bad every day and we need something to do (which is actually what the forecast predicts.) I am in no way averted to the land of Mickey, but I think the fact that my mom painted my nose black to top off my Minnie Mouse halloween costume one year and my fear of Pluto's whiskers when I was little (I seem lamer and lamer by the minute, don't I?) has taken away the magic.
This particular trip is thanks to my amazing mom (aka, dance teacher), who made the brilliant discovery of a dance conference that takes place during my school break, and just happened to be in Florida. The original plan was a mother-daughter trip, but I roped in Tiffany to join us for some fun and relaxation.
I haven't been able to go on a vacation in quite some time, so I'm quite excited. I can't wait:
To get up early on Sunday to go to the airport. When I go on vacation, the earlier the flight leaves, the better.
To fly.
To see the first palm tree after landing. For some reason, it's exciting (I come from the land of evergreens, not palm trees). I had an unusual obsession with palm trees when I was little ... I love seeing them, drawing them, and considering the trend of the clothes I wore, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on some of my childhood wardrobe.
To lounge by the pool.
To discover things to do, places to go.
To relax, have fun, and enjoy every minute.
1 comment:
Yay, Jame! So happy for you that you are done!!!!! Have a great trip!
P.S. I think what really scarred you regarding Disney were the fake eye lashes that were glued onto your precious little eye lids, just so you could look like Minnie even more. Remember those?
Post a Comment