Thursday, August 13, 2009

August Adventures: Rolling down the river.

I totally deserve the 'Worst Blogger of the Year' award. One of these days, I'll get back into the groove of posting more than once a week. I thought my break from school would provide that motivation, but alas, I was dead wrong.

Moving along ... shall I provide an update on my August Adventures?

Florida was fantastic. Since the summers in Michigan are basically awesome, there is never any need to vacation to a warmer place. So I wasn't sure how it was going to be to escape to Florida during a Michigan summer. Side note: I think summer here in Michigan JUST arrived and it's the middle of August. It has yet to reach the upper 80s. But oh well, that's neither here nor there.

What did I discover about vacationing someplace warm and tropical? It's always perfection.
While my mom soaked up all things dance at her conference, Tiff and I lounged by the pool - er, in the pool. We relaxed, ate fabulous sushi, and discovered that very very attractive men live in France. Or, I guess I should say at least one for sure. We also discovered that once you enter Disney property, watch out. EVERYTHING is overpriced. I swear my future kids will be 30 by the time I foresee being able to afford the infamous Disney family vacation. Yikes.


Such a great trip and just what the doctor ordered to kick off my break. Thanks to my mom for inviting Tiff and I along for the trip! I SO SO appreciate it!

Next up was a BBQ at friends from College Part 1 Sarah and Brandon's house. They hosted a super fun party and it was so fun as always to reunite with such awesome friends.

The next August Adventure took place a couple of days ago when my nursing friends and I set out for a day of tubing down a river. So. much. fun. Honestly, if you don't already wish you could have been there, you should. Just saying. We had a blast!

But let me tell you what I learned: I can't keep up with the 'young people' as much as I used to. Beer + Sun + 5 hours on the river = nausea and exhaustion. I must say I was a total champ during the excursion, but it didn't take long after I got home that I felt like I swallowed a gallon of river water. Actually, I'm sure it was dehydration. But that's what it felt like. Regardless, it was absolutely worth it.
And that's all I've got. This break is going entirely too fast, but I do have many more adventures planned, so I'm taking it all in. :)

1 comment:

♥ H ♥ said...

I'm super jealous!! looks like SO much fun! PS- I can't keep up with the youngins either. DURING, yes. It's the aftermath that kicks my ass! lol.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin