Random funny story of the moment: Yesterday at clinical, I asked my 13 year old patient who had just had a feeding tube placed to tell me how he was going to properly care for the tube when he got home from the hospital. His response - his very teenager response - in a very teenager tone was ...
"Are you asking me because you don't know?"
I laughed and told him to consider it a pop quiz. The day also consisted of him totally kicking my booty in Guitar Hero. I've lost my touch that was never really there in the first place. Fun day in the life of a student nurse.
On another school-related note (shocking, I'm sure) ... Case in point that school consumes my life: Today, some classmates and I were eating lunch talking, of course, about nursing school. When I suddenly felt like I was going to vomit if I heard one more word about the subject, I said, "So what else is going on in our lives besides school that we can talk about?" I saw four faces with blank stares looking back at me. Please. We just want to be normal again, dear God.
So, in an effort to try to regain some semblance of normalcy, I'm going to put the ball in your court to choose my next blog topic. Random, meaningful, whatever you come up with. Just comment and leave any topic and I'll blog about it.
Help me out here. My next clinical rotation is psych and I don't want to end up as a patient on the unit.
2 comments:
Oooh super fun! I think you should blog about:
- Your top 3 pet peeves
- Your 3 must-have beauty products
- Three stores you couldn't live without
Mindless and awesome. :)
I think you should write your friend Kelli that long awaited email :)
And in the meantime, I think you should blog about:
- A place you'd like to go on vacay right now, complete with hotel and dinner choices
- A celebrity who you would like to trade places with for one day
- What you would do if you had one day off from nursing school with no nursing school commitments
Post a Comment