Friday, October 16, 2009

It's a love/hate relationship.

First things first. The beautiful, talented and hilarious mommy of adorable Alex Joseph - and my friend, Kristi - is taking the blog world by storm. Not only has she been nominated for the 'Working Moms Best Blog' award, she is also doing her first giveaway! (Basically, her blog is a heckofalotmore exciting than mine has been as of late) So, don't waste any time. Vote for ...And Baby Makes 3! here and enter her giveaway here!

Pop quiz:

What do you do when ...

1. You want to provide entertaining blog posts.
2. You want to get your mind off of nursing school by not blogging about nursing-related things.
3. BUT, outside of nursing school, you have no life.

That's my dilemma. That, my friends, is the sad truth.

Now, you may ask: Does she still think she made the right decision to go back to school if she is trying so hard to get her mind off of it?

And the answer to that ... is yes. The nursing part I still love. The school part? Notsomuch. I'm so ready to be 'normal' again. You know, ready to be able to see my friends and family again, ready to be able to go places and do things, ready to not have to miss out on things, ready to have a J.O.B., ready to have time to clean my room, workout ... and my point, I'm sure, you've got by now.

I did get a chance to get away last weekend for a few hours of divine fun and time spent with friends at Kelli's super fun and ohsoKelli bachelorette party. I cannot WAIT for the wedding :)

And (I'm not going to lie), I almost cried when I found out that I can actually get away next weekend to visit my sister, bro-in-law and nephews! This is very, very good news!

Although I'm trying to take a blog-escape from nursing, I will update you on the low down of the last few weeks. I'm just finishing up my pediatric rotation this weekend ... and if you recall, this is the area I hope to work in after my all-anticipated graduation.

To be honest, I was very nervous about this rotation because I figured I would be disenchanted by the whole thing. But I love it, and I still think it's the perfect place for me.

I surprised myself by actually enjoying my day in the pediatric ER (if you know me and my aversion to working in the ER, this is shocking!) and I melted when I got to hold and rock a sweet little baby girl in the NICU (although, after about 30 minutes, I was wishing she could talk back).

I've learned that pediatrics is the saddest place on earth to work (kids really don't deserve to be sick), but I've also learned that there's nothing that could motivate me to work harder than trying to make a sick kiddo feel better, put a smile on their face and get them home where they belong.

In my short time working with kids, I have already experienced how incredibly messed up this world is sometimes. I will not go into any more details on this blog but I am sure that it doesn't get any worse than what I witnessed. It's not fair, not fun, not right. But because these children need help and a hug, I can think of nothing more important than doing just that, for them. Whew. What a week.

On a lighter note, I have accepted the fact that kids in hospitals, many times, indeed do not love nurses. And yesterday, I had a book thrown at my head. It was the first, but I'm sure it won't be the last. I smiled, laughed a little bit, and gave the book back to that adorable little girl. Hey, it happens :)

1 comment:

♥ H ♥ said...

Haha..better watch out for flying books!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin