I shall start by giving you the deets on my top 3 must have beauty products ... with a twist. Every girl needs options. And I, will give you two options for each product: a splurge, and a steal. I adore you, M.A.C. Cosmetics, but cannot afford you all of the time.
Waking up many a morning at 4:30 am has a magical ability of revealing the beauty products that are truly a must have. Gone are the days of taking 45 minutes to beautify in the morning. It's become more like 15 minutes. Tops. No more time for smoky eye makeup and straightened hair. But in that 15 minutes, the following 3 things will no doubt, be part of my routine:
- Mascara. (May it also be known that I have learned that bad eyelash days come about just as often as bad hair days. And as such, I have tried every mascara known to
manwoman. Moral of the story? Trust me on this one.
The Splurge: Christian Dior, Diorshow, $24
Yikes, I know. But if you swap it in and out for the steal option, you only have to shell out the monies for this once a year.
The Steal: L'Oreal, Voluminous, $7ish
Let's be serious. I've tried a LOT of mascaras ... steals, splurges ... lots. And I can tell you that I've yet to find one that I like better than this one. But, the curved brush is the trick. Straight brush? Notsomuch. Don't say I didn't warn you.

- Bronzer. It's necessary that I add a couple of additional categories to this one.
The Super Splurge: Lancome Star Bronzer, Soleil, $36.50
Disclaimer and PO (Personal Opinion): NO BRONZER IS WORTH THIS MUCH MONEY.
Back in the good ol' days, this would-beexceptfortheprice bestbronzerintheworld was triple the size it is now, but sold for the same price. Still way too much money, but a tad bit easier to validate. Pop quiz: When a company cuts down majorly on the size of a product, but keeps an atrociously high price, what do you do? Answer: Boycott said product immediately.
The Splurge: M.A.C. Cosmetics Bronzing Powder, Matte Bronze, $22
A great bronzer. Period.
The Steal: E.L.F. Cosmetics Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder, Warm Tan, $1
That's not a typo. One stinkin' dollar for this stuff. It's great bronzer, actually. Although you do have to apply carefully to avoid looking like a pumpkin. It's very powder-y and doesn't last too long. But, need I remind you - it's $1. You choose your battle.
The Super Fun Must Have: M.A.C. Cosmetics Iridescent Loose Powder, Golden Bronze, $22
I am in love with this product. It gives a divine glow and shimmer that is perfect for a night out. Be warned: Again, a little goes a long way. And the best part? I bought mine at least 2.5 years ago and still have a ton left.
- Lip Gloss. No girl should be without a great gloss.
The Splurge: M.A.C. Cosmetics Dazzleglass, Date Night or Smile, $18
Again, one of the greatest finds of all time. It looks very glittery - and, it is - but not too much at all. Basically, it's perfection. Date Night is more dramatic, while Smile can totally pass for a day look.

The Steal: Rimmel Jelly Gloss, Tasty, $5.50
I suppose it's nothing too special, but I like it for an everyday lip gloss. It's not sticky. I dislike sticky lip glosses.
And now that I have revealed my obsession with bronzer, ahem, I will sign off.
More topics, please :)
2 comments:
I've never found a bronzer I really liked - I feel like they all make me look orange... but then again, my face is super pasty.
As far as the mascara, I've used that L'Oreal Voluminious and I really like it, but I've noticed that it starts to clump up after a couple of weeks which stinks. Right now I'm using Maybelleine Define-a-Lash (shiny green tube) and I like to layer it with the L'Oreal. Although that's a lot of work!
Jame--being your sister, and being so close with you, I knew you were an expert on makeup, but I didn't know you were SUCH an expert on bronzer. Whoa. I need to come to more with makeup advice. You are full of suggestions. How have I been so uninformed all this time???
Glad you blogged about it! :)
Post a Comment