Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oh so thankful.

Sitting here at the coffee shop killing some time before clinicals at 3. FYI, I'm in my psych rotation now and the good news is: I haven't been admitted ... yet. And what an emotional whirlwind it's been. While I have discovered that I do NOT want to be a psych nurse, some of my most significant experiences have happened during this rotation - experiences that have been humbling, inspiring, disheartening and some downright creepy (i.e., the 'silent pacer' who stopped me in the doorway to look me straight in the eyes and said, 'I know you.')

All in all, it has been a humbling experience to serve what I have confirmed are some of the most underserved people in our society. For that, I'm thankful. I'm also thankful for the people who are psych nurses. I couldn't do it.

This weekend was basically awesome ... and such a welcomed break from school. My beautiful friend Kelli, married the love of her life - David. From start to finish, the entire weekend was a celebration not only of the two of them, but of their faith. After a weekend like that, it's hard to get back into the real world. Congratulations to the happy new couple!!


And now, for the traditional and gimmicky 'Things I Am Thankful For" list, here you go. Hey, it's always good to be thankful.

  • I'm thankful to serve a God who loves me more than I can comprehend, gives grace beyond what I deserve, and who has laid out a plan for me that's more perfect than the perfect I could imagine.

  • I'm thankful for the month of November. Because November means I've survived half of my year in nursing school. And THAT, means the end is in sight.

  • I'm thankful for the person who just made me my fabulous coffee and for the Biggby frequent buyer card - because my next drink is free. And free, is good.

  • I'm thankful for my family because they are just the absolute best.

  • I'm thankful for the upcoming weekend because I get to spend it all with that 'absolute best' family that I'm thankful for. Although it just won't be the same without my sister, bro-in-law and nephews. We'll miss you guys!

  • I'm thankful for my friends and the special-ness that they each uniquely have to offer. They have made my life richer, happier, and much more fun.

  • I'm thankful to be an auntie to my two favorite little men. Nothing makes me smile bigger than those two.

  • I'm thankful for the 23 classmates - and friends - who make nursing school bearable. I love them and the family that they have become to me.

  • I'm thankful for the many things that I have to be thankful for.

  • I'm thankful for all of you who continue to check on my blog even though there has rarely been anything new :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I love you and miss you already!

Anonymous said...

Crying now.....thanks Jame....you know how to do that to me. I love you and will miss being with you this weekend more than you know.

♥ H ♥ said...

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin