I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I very much did. This was our year to have my sister and her family stay at my parents' house so I was thrilled to have extra time to soak up snuggling and spoiling my nephews. It also means that I got to sleep on the couch for the week. Every morning, my nephew would come out into the living room and
Needless to say, I have the movie memorized. And may I just add: Buzz Lightyear ... psh. Woody is my favorite. There's a snake in my boots.
The most exceptional highlight of my Christmas was this brilliant gift lovingly bestowed on me by my brother-in-law:
Oh yeah. I am now the
Considering we're only hours away from welcoming in 2010, I think I'll reflect a little on the last year, and for that matter ... the last decade. Time does, in fact, fly.
In 2009, I ... turned 26 to kick off the year, dyed my hair brunette, ecstatically welcomed my second nephew into the world, dyed my hair blonde again, celebrated the birth of friend Kristi's adorable little son, started nursing school, celebrated Amy & Bryan's wedding, gave my first injections, met a new family of friends, celebrated the marriage of Kelli & David, had my heart broken by a two-year old little girl and then put back together by the sight of her smile and the hope she would be okay, and of course - tried out the Snuggie for the first time.
In the past decade, I ... graduated high school, started College Part 1, changed my major, traveled to Aruba, cried through two maid of honor speeches, changed my major again, ziplined through the Costa Rican rainforest, graduated from Michigan State, started and ended my pageant 'career,' became an auntie, moved to Chicago, climbed 80 flights of stairs, lived in a closet, fell in love with Chicago, moved to east Michigan, went back to school and moved again. In 10 years, I ... have lived in five different cities, had nine different places I called home, attended five different churches, took classes at four different colleges, had two full-time jobs, and had 12 different roommates. Whew.
None of that was part of my plan and looking back on it is overwhelming at best. But I am amazed and constantly overwhelmed by how much more perfect God's plan is than any plan I ever had for myself. For that, I feel thankful, blessed and humbled that the God of the universe would intricately use all of these things to shape who I am and who He wants me to be in this thing we call life. I'm staying on His journey ...
Happy New Year and may 2010 and the next decade bring you more love, joy and laughter than you could ever imagine for yourself!
Edited to add: Oh yes. I guess I should add that it is indeed my birthday today (January 1). My claim to fame is that I was the first baby born in my county in good ol' 1983. What did I receive? A year supply of diapers? No. A savings bond? Not that either. Any material gift? Nope. All I got was my picture in the newspaper. :)

5 comments:
I adore you, Ms. Resler, and I am so happy for your LIFE!!!!
Wow, what a list, Jame. When you put it down on paper, er, blog, it really is quite an amazing journey you have been on and continue on. I think your next blog entry should be a list of everything you've learned and/or how you've grown as a person during all of those transitions!
Thanks for sharing and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday, Jamie!!! You have gone through so many changes and moves this past decade. I can't wait to see how God will continue your story this year and decade! I know he has great plans for you :)
Much love,
kelly :)
PS Danny also got the MSU snuggie this Christmas!
I love this post!!! And is it your birthday?? Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Thanks for sharing :)
I, too, got a Snuggie. I thought it was ridiculous until I used my Grandma's. It was then that I fell in love with the blanket with sleeves! Love that yours is MSU, even though I'd prefer a maize and blue one! hehe..
Post a Comment