Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm still not getting one, but ...

It is well known by this post how awesome hysterical and weird I think the Snuggie is.

Well then, you could imagine my excitement when upon taking a study break to peruse the Chicago Tribune, I came across what may be the most amazing news story of all time.

The headline reads:

Snuggie Pub Crawl coming to Chicago

For real!? Honestly, picture that. There are over 1,000 people signed up to walk the streets of Lincoln Park in their Snuggies. O. M. G. If that's not the funniest visual picture you've ever had, I don't know what is.

This is also proof that the manufacturers of the Snuggie are not idiots like I originally suspected. They're GENIUS! This item is so strange that people are showing up in droves to buy it just for pure comedy. And, it looks like they just automatically sold 1,000 more for the pub crawl. Props to you, Snuggie making people.

Oh, and just to prove how much of a following these things have - this article is currently the 'Most Viewed' and 'Most E-mailed' story from the Trib. Who would have ever thought?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin